Sunday, October 9, 2011

Urban Calf

Twenty yesterday, the last six of which came in my goal marathon range (6:31-6:41). The achilles fared well enough; the only tightness occurs during stretching.

Something unexpected emerged during the running, however. The upper portion of my right calf now seems to include a tightened ball/knot just below the inside of my knee. It feels muscular, obviously, but there were moments during today's miles that I felt pains in my back and hips. Stephanie had a recent diagnoses of something clumping near her sciatic nerve. Without any knowledge of what this means, but with pain springing up in all kinds of places, I can't help but wonder.

Forget Googling or doctoring, I think I'll just take Monday off and press on. Sixty three next week, and then the taper!

No comments: